Recent General Posts
Sewer Backup in Bemidji?
We respond to sewer backup emergencies 24-hours a day in Beltrami County.
Black Water Contamination in Bemidji Home?
If your home or business has been subjected to sewer water or from flooding rivers, you may have been exposed to untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes. SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing respond to sewer backup and flooding emergencies 24-hours a day, and we typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call. Here are the three categories of contaminated water:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated can degrade into category two or three
Category 2: "Gray Water"
- It may contain bacteria and viruses
- It can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When your Bemidji home or commercial business needs sewage cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing has a team of restoration technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day, every day of the year. Call us today at 218-999-9799. We’ll restore your sewer backup problem, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.
Did You Know?
Let our services be your solution!
In case you didn’t know, SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing provides several services to you for many different types of disaster restoration. Besides Fire and Water restoration, here are more of the services that we do.
- Sewage Cleanup – Should your sewer system backup into your home due to a blockage, we will come sanitize and dry that up for you.
- Ice Dam Removal – If the snow on your roof melts and re-freezes pushing water back up under the shingles, we will come remove the dam and restore any water damages.
- Smoke Damage – If a firework mishap or other uncommon accident causes a fire to your home, we will come take care of the cleanup and restoration.
- Skunk Spray – In the unfortunate event a skunk sprays you, we can take care of that odor for you.
- Bat Guano – Can be a health hazard, SERVPRO will quickly assist you after the exterminator gets rid of the bats.
- Mold/Odor Removal – We remove mold from your home as well as use air scrubbers to remove odors.
- Crime Scene/Death – Once the scene is released, we will handle the mess to ease your stress.
- Covid19 Sanitizing – We do proactive sanitizing as well as for positive cases in full PPE.
- Drug Residue Cleanup – Did you buy a house that had meth or another drug use in it? We can restore the home back to being move in ready.
- Fire Extinguisher Dust – Did you have a small fire and put it out with an extinguisher? We can restore your home and remove the dust it left behind.
- Board Up Property – Storms, fires or vandalism? No worries, we can board that up quickly to protect your home until replacement windows can be installed.
- Fuel Oil Spills – Certified Technicians have the skills to take care of it for you.
- Furnace Puffbacks – Should be professionally done to avoid making the damage worse. Give us a call.
- Compulsive Collections – Need to get rid of items you no longer need? We will pack it up and haul it away to dispose of for you.
Who Do We Serve?
Commercial Property Owners – In the last year we have done many Covid19 sanitizing for these businesses to stay open to serve their own customers. We have also done restoration for fire damages, flooding and sewage backups just to name a few.
Rental Property Owners – On occasion we get a landlord that will call us asking to inspect for mold on their rental property. Sometimes it’s just for locating a strange odor, doing a air quality check or removal of physical mold.
Residential Property Owners – A good number of those we serve are homeowners needing restoration from fire or water damages. This last year we had some covid19 sanitizing added to our services. Often times the water damage can lead to mold growth that needs to be removed and restored as well.
Cabin Owners – Often times the damages do not get discovered by the owner right away. Once the owner comes to stay for a fishing trip or the like, they walk in to discover a flood, an intruder or mold. Intruders can range from vandalism to critters getting in and leaving a mess wherever they were.
Referrals – We appreciate referrals that we get from past clients or insurance agents and adjusters.
YOU – Even if you don’t own the property you are in but need services done that are not the owners’ responsibility, we can provide services for you as well.
Tips for avoiding bursting pipes
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids and Hibbing is in Northern Minnesota, during these winter months it dips below freezing more often than not. Being in this area means lower temperature with pipes that aren't properly maintainenced. During these months pipes are susceptible to bursting. Here are a few tips to avoid bursting pipes:
- Wrap Outside faucets
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run, if the temperature dips below freezing
- Open Cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving home for several days.
If an emergency restoration need arises during these frigid winter months give SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids and Hibbing at (218) 999-9799
Reasons to keep your bedroom door closed
The thought of a fire for a homeowner can cause many emotions. Closing doors is one habit that can help prevent the spread of fire damage. Closing doors prevents the fire from getting more oxygen and room to spread at a faster rate. Smoke and soot travel throughout the house and breathing in the smoke inhalation is very dangerous. Smoke contains many toxic products including carbon monoxide. It is important to close your bedroom door at night while you sleep. The alarms will go off and wake you up, giving you time to get out without the flames, toxic smoke, and high head temperatures in your room. Make sure you check the smoke detectors in your home often and have one close to where you sleep. SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids and Hibbing is here to help provide services to prevent long-term problems. SERVPRO provides mitigation services for fire, smoke, and soot removal to personal belongings and the home structure.
Meet SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing
Come follow SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing as we take you on a tour of our day. We are there when you need us, as we say in our morning meeting "no job is to big, no job is to small we are SERVPRO hero's and we handle them all."
No matter if your home is wet from a pipe leak or your restaurant is flooded due to a main line break we understand that this upsets the normal routine of your day. When this happens it can become very stressful and we here at SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing are here to help ease that stress and get you back to your normal days routine.
7 TIPS TO AVOID BURSTING PIPES
Burst Pipe in the Winter
7 HELPFUL TIPS TO AVOID BURSTING
PIPES THIS WINTER
- Wrap outside faucets.
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems*
- Let a stream of water run if the temperature dips below freezing.
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving the house for several days.
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is here to help in case of a pipe that bursts or lines that freeze. Our crews are ready 24 x7 no matter how big or how small our SERVPRO team handles them all, give us a call!
* Check manufacturer's instructions for the best way to do this.
Employee of the month.
Employee of the Month Sara Pollock
Sara Pollock has been named the employee of the month for December at SERVPRO of Bemidji Grand Rapids and Hibbing. Sara was nominated by her coworkers for her hard work, dedication, and willingness to teach others. Keep up the great work Sara!!!
Watch our video to learn more about us.
Watch this video
Owners Gene and Heidi Pehrson spent the week in franchise training in the lovely state of Tennessee. Great to escape the cold for a few days
CONGRATULATIONS GENE PEHRSON on successful completion of Radon Testing and Mitigation Certification.
Real Estate Companies now have a respected local company available for property testing and mitigation.