Tips for avoiding bursting pipes
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids and Hibbing is in Northern Minnesota, during these winter months it dips below freezing more often than not. Being in this area means lower temperature with pipes that aren't properly maintainenced. During these months pipes are susceptible to bursting. Here are a few tips to avoid bursting pipes:
- Wrap Outside faucets
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run, if the temperature dips below freezing
- Open Cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving home for several days.
If an emergency restoration need arises during these frigid winter months give SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids and Hibbing at (218) 999-9799