If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (218) 999-9799

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Malfunctioning Space Heater Starts Fire in Coleraine Home?

11/27/2023 (Permalink)

A person warms their hands over a space heater. We are leaders in fire damage restoration services in Itasca County.

Our local Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing teams are trusted leaders in fire damage restoration services. During the cold winter months, space heaters are used to take the chill out of rooms. Here are some space heater safety tips for Coleraine residents from Electrical Safety Foundation International:

Space Heater Safety Tips

  • Make sure your space heater has a label that a recognized testing laboratory lists.
  • Before using any space heater, read the manufacturer’s instructions and warning labels carefully.
  • Inspect heaters for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections before each use. If frayed, worn, or damaged, do not use the heater.
  • Never leave a space heater unattended. Turn it off when you’re leaving a room or going to sleep, and don’t let pets or children play too close to a space heater.
  • Never use a space heater to warm bedding, cook food, dry clothing, or thaw pipes.
  • Heaters must be kept at least three feet away from anything that can burn, including papers, clothing, and rugs.
  • Locate space heaters out of high-traffic areas and doorways where they may pose a tripping hazard.
  • Do not use an extension cord or power strip, which could overheat and result in a fire. Do not plug any other electrical devices into the same outlet as the heater.
  • Place space heaters on level, flat surfaces.
  • Always unplug and safely store the heater when it is not in use.

Call Us Today!

When your Coleraine home or commercial property needs fire damage restoration services, our local Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing team will restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-999-9799. 

SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing is independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts